n. 叉子, 叉状物, 分岔
vi. 分支, 分歧
vt. 做成叉形, 叉起
【医】 叉名词:forker 动词过去式:forked 过去分词:forked 现在分词:forking 第三人称单数:forks
- cutlery used for serving and eating food
- the act of branching out or dividing into branches
同义词：branching, ramification, forking
- the region of the angle formed by the junction of two branches
- an agricultural tool used for lifting or digging; has a handle and metal prongs
- the angle formed by the inner sides of the legs where they join the human trunk
- lift with a pitchfork
- place under attack with one's own pieces, of two enemy pieces
- divide into two or more branches so as to form a fork
同义词：branch, ramify, furcate, separate
- shape like a fork
- He stabbed the meat with his fork/stabbed his fork into the meat.
- Stick the fork into the potato.
- He tried to hoick the meat out of the tin with a fork.
- We came to a fork in the road and could not decide which fork we should take.
- She's so refined that she always eats cake with a little fork.
- You should fork over the garden before you plant the peas.
- He picked up his knife and fork.
n.（名词）A utensil with two or more prongs, used for eating or serving food.叉子：有两个或两个以上齿的餐具，用于吃或叉食物An implement with two or more prongs used for raising, carrying, piercing, or digging.耙子，叉：有两个或两个以上齿的工具，用于举起、搬运、戳刺或挖掘
A bifurcation or separation into two or more branches or parts.分岔，分支：分成两个或两个以上部分The point at which such a bifurcation or separation occurs:分岔点，岔口：开始分岔的位置：例句：a fork in a road.交岔路口
One of the branches of such a bifurcation or separation:岔路，岔流：分岔后的一支：例句：the right fork.See Synonyms at branch
An attack by one chess piece on two pieces at the same time.【游戏】
v.tr.（及物动词）To raise, carry, pitch, or pierce with a fork.用叉举、搬、刺或挖To give the shape of a fork to (one`s fingers, for example).成叉形：用（一手指等）作成叉状或使成叉状Games
To launch an attack on (two chess pieces).【游戏】
支付：例句：forked over $50 for front-row seats; forked up the money owed.付50美元买前排座位票；付清债款
v.intr.（不及物动词）To divide into two or more branches:分岔，分支：分成两个或更多的部分：例句：The river forks here.河流从这里分流
To use a fork, as in working.用叉工作To turn at or travel along a fork.分叉：转一个弯或绕一个弯
来源：Middle English forke
[digging fork] 中古英语 forke
[挖土的耙子] from Old English forca
源自 古英语 forca
and from Old North French forque
并源自 古法国北方方言 forque
both from Latin furca
都源自 拉丁语 furca
文章来源: 包围英语 http://www.ohkoo.com文章标题: fork